Friday 13 September 2013

Mercy (five minute friday)

As I sit vigil, awaiting the day staff to relieve me of my duties, I watch from the window as the night turns into day. As the darkness is washed away, morning highlighting every leaf and blade, the lines painted back into brickwork, the colours restored to the map of the world plastered onto the garden wall, blues and greens brightly dancing with one another to the tune of the morning birds. 

I am reminded that every day is a new mercy.

Every morning is an opportunity for forgiveness, for redemption, for reconciliation. Each day is a chance for us to be renewed, painted bright and beautiful in the early morning glow. We are butterflies, released from our cocoon of sleep with shiny new wings to stretch.

In His mercy, we are new every morning.


Five Minute Friday
I am linking up today with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday.

4 comments:

  1. We ARE new every morning, every minute, every moment...and I AM so very thankful. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! His mercies are new every morning. Thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I know this early morning colouring-in so well.. So, so beautifully written, love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Sabrina! I'm so pleased I caught Ruth sharing it on Facebook. Really evocative words and phraseology. Great post. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...